JUNIOR – INTERMEDIATE ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST
OAKRIDGE has an opening for a Junior to intermediate Environmental Scientist in a field related to Environmental Engineering (Agrology, Biology, Geology, etc) working in the upstream oil and gas industry out of Dawson Creek, British Columbia.
This role will be responsible for working on remediation and reclamation projects in the oil and gas industry, producing professional reports, quality fieldwork, and general environmental consulting duties.
- Engineering or Environmental Science Related Degree (Agrology, Biology, Geology) from an accredited institution who have achieved Professional Designation in their field.
- membership in or eligible for membership in APEGBC
- working toward professional designation in chosen specialty
- Valid Canadian Driver’s License
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
- spill response
- groundwater and soil sampling
- onsite supervision of subcontractors (drillers, vac trucks, excavators, etc)
- writing reports for submission to Government Bodies in Alberta and BC as well as private entities.
- following and managing remediation plans
- familiarity with provincial regulations for both Alberta and BC
- following and managing reclamation plans
The Ideal Candidate will:
- have experience in the oil and gas and environmental engineering fields, particularly in Alberta and BC
- have a clean driving record and experience driving on radio controlled and remote roads
- have the ability to work long hours when required
- have the ability to work away from home for periods of time, either in camp or in hotels, as may be required for a project
- have a high level of personal responsibility and ethics
- have the ability to direct and supervise others respectfully and efficiently
- have great verbal and written communication skills
Dawson Creek is a small city located close to the BC/Alberta Border, about an hour and 40 minutes from Grande Prairie to the east and 4 hours to Prince George to the west, with a friendly and family-oriented community. Dawson Creek has all of the amenities of a medium size city, with shopping, dining, education and entertainment resources all widely available. For the outdoor enthusiast the Peace Region offers a huge variety of winter and summer activities.
OAKRIDGE is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salaries and a full benefit program that includes health, dental, life insurance, travel insurance, and EAP. We offer a casual and fun work environment where you will be fully trained and mentored in the industry.
Please submit your resume and cover information directly to:
HR & Health and Safety Manager